Book Review | Christmas At Carrington's By Alexandra Brown



My new favourite thing to do when I get home from work and manage to sit down with a cuppa is to get out a book or my Kindle and have a read. I'd forgotten just how much I enjoy reading. I know Christmas is over but I do have a book review to share with you today. 


The Blurb:
Georgie Hart loves Christmas time at Carrington’s Department store. Running the luxury handbag department, Georgie adores helping customers in the hunt for the perfect gift for the perfect someone. And this year is no exception – now she has the hunky Tom, Mr Carrington himself, to spend the special day with. Life couldn’t get any more perfect.
But when Tom springs a surprise, all of Georgie’s plans are thrown into chaos. 

Carrington’s is getting a fresh lease of life in a hot new reality TV show, featuring the formidable retail guru, Kelly Cooper.

As the first show airs, Georgie is horrified to be shown in a far from flattering light. Worse is to come when Kelly’s vile daughter appears to get her claws into Tom. Georgie fears this will be the worst Christmas ever, but Santa still has a little surprise for her stocking this year – she’ll just have to wait until Christmas to find out.


Christmas at Carrington's is the second book in the Carrington's book series by the fantastic author Alexandra Brown. I couldn't wait to get stuck in as I really love the world of Georgie, Sam and Eddie. I've already written a review about her first book Cupcakes at Carrington's here and the novella Me and Mr Carrington here. It was another book that I couldn't put down and really enjoyed each and every bit of this one. 

The Review:
Christmas is Georgie's favourite time of year and it will be the first one she spends with the gorgeous Mr Carrington and things are starting to look perfect. That it, until she sits down with Sam one evening to watch a brand new retail reality show hosted by retail guru Kelly. Georgie gets the shock of her life when she sees her bum dancing away on the TV. 

As Carrington's starts to get a helping hand to boost sales figures from the new reality show, it's soon clear that having the show take place in Carrington's is going to make things very complicated for everyone involved in more ways than one. 

This really was such a great follow on to Cupcakes at Carrington's and it only took me a couple of evenings to finish it. I just couldn't put it down. I genuinely felt like i was meeting up with old friends again as we all have or know people like the characters in the book.

I was a little bit upset that Eddie wasn't featured quite as much in this book but really happy that we got to see more of Sam and got a look more into their friendship which is so solid. You laugh and cry along with them both. 

I also love how the author manages to add a more serious situation and it really pulls on the heart strings, it really hit me in a  big way and unless you've been in a situation like that you don't know how it feels but it's so well written you can't help but share the grief and pain. 

Overall the book it a laugh a minute and you have so much fun going on this ride with the group. Unfortunately Tom doesn't feature as much in this book but you will see why when you get into this book. Overall I loved reading this and enjoyed my visit to the picturesque Mulberry-On-Sea and I can't wait to read the next book in this series. 

You can buy it on Amazon here in both paperback and Kindle versions. 

Have you read of these books from the series?? What did you think?? 

Lots of Love
Follow

Labels: , , , ,