I'm Joining Bloomtown Botanicals Eco Challenge 2018


So back in January I saw a tweet from my favourite brand Bloomtown asking to join in their Eco Challenge for 2018. Naturally I was interested and so after reading their post and what we had to do I thought this would be easy and a great way to discover even more products whilst doing something good for the environment and so I pledged along with lots of other bloggers and Eco-conscious people. 



So what is the challenge all about?? Well quite simply it's to switch one product each month to Palm Free or to switch from single use plastic products to plastic free that are kinder to the environment. I've decided I want to try and switch both.


What's so important about switching to Palm free products you may be asking?? Well Palm oil is hidden in many everyday products from pet food to chocolates and is unfortunately to blame for deforestation which is sadly pushing the gorgeous Orang-Utan to extinction, it's also spelling disaster for communities and climate change. Because more palm plantations means clearing Rainforest's and peat lands especially in South East Asia.
I've had to get my research head on and have been looking into the whole palm oil thing. 

Why is Palm Oil used in so many products?? Quite simply because it's cheap many of your favourite everyday brands hide it in many of their products but there are so many palm free alternatives out there. 

We all know what single use plastic is doing to our environment and how it's killing and hurting the animals and the oceans. If we want to save what little we have left this is a massive thing that can help. By starting small, you'll be surprised what a difference you can make. Plastic is turning up all over our oceans and quite frankly it's turning into plastic soup. 

Can you believe there's an estimated 12.7 million tonnes of plastic in our oceans alone?? That's a TRUCK LOAD of rubbish a MINUTE!!! Then you have the landfills, why do we need to destroy our home?? This is a world for our children and soon there will be nothing left for them. 

I have already made a couple of changes and I will write another post sharing what I did for January and this month. 

Will you be taking on this eco challenge?? What changes have you already made?? 

Lots of Love
Follow

Labels: , , , , , ,