Tuesday's Tip | DIY Face Mask - For Oily Skin


I suffer from oily combination skin, and I love a good face mask especially on those rare child free evenings when I can really have some me time and a pamper.

I also love food, so why not use the goodness of food and put them on your face, surely your skin would benefit from that?? Well, today I have a little DIY Face Mask you can try at home. This one is for oily skin.


Since this could get a little messy I suggest you do it before getting in the tub/or shower or make sure to cover your PJ's, or clothes (but if like me you'll be in PJ's) with a towel. I've used a lot of these at home face masks over the years, I've always been fascinated in making my own products and it started when I came across a couple of recipes I saw as a young teenager in a magazine.

As I've gotten older though I've done research on what fruits, veggies, and other natural ingredients benefit the skin to come up with new mask combinations. You'll see loads of face mask recipes on the web, this one is one of my favourites to do for when my skin feels oily. 


Pink Face Mask For Oily Skin:
2-4 Strawberries
1 Teaspoon Melted Coconut Oil
1/4 Teaspoon of White Kaolin Clay (Optional)

Mash up the strawberries in a bowl and mix in the melted coconut oil and the kaolin clay (if you're using it). It'll turn a lovely shade of pink. Smooth it onto clean, damp skin (I like using a brush to apply my face masks) and leave it on for 10-15 mins. Rinse it off thoroughly with warm water. 


Your skin will feel really nice, soft and smooth afterwards. Always follow with your usual toner and moisturiser after a face mask. Start with small amounts of the ingredients and add more if desired.  


What are the benefits to this little mask??Strawberries are great for oily skin as they have salicylic acid in them which helps to break down the keratin bonds that hold dead skin cells together.

Coconut oil is anti-bacterial and anti-microbial which help to destroy any "nasties" that are on the skin. Putting oil onto oily skin may seem strange but it does actually help to balance out oil production. If it is used on a regular basis and with continued use your skin should return to a nice balanced less oily state. 

The Kaolin Clay is optional (you can buy it in most health food stores) but I would recommend it as it helps to draw out those impurities in the skin.

Go, on go have some fun and give this little face mask a go. Your skin will thank you for it. 

Have you tried this before?? What are your favourite ingredients to use?? 

Lots of Love
Follow

Labels: , , ,